Condo & Co-Op Board
Condominium, Cooperative Unit Owners and Multi-Unit Renters Advisory Board
The Hackensack Condo & Co-Op Advisory Board was created to improve the quality of life in our City affecting the residents of Condos, Co-ops and multi-unit dwellings outlined in the enabling ordinance.
The Board is an extremely active City committee. To date, it has successfully accomplished the following:
· Led the 3 year protest against allowing an 18 story LTACH (Long Term Acute Care Hospital) from being constructed on Prospect and Summit Avenues.
· Instrumental in preventing the use of a Toxic Medical Waste Coldwater Sterilizer from being utilized at the Prospect Heights Care Center. The toxic waste was destined to flow into the City’s sewer system.
· Requested and promoted the recent passage of an Ordinance to prohibit the use of this type of sterilizer in the City of Hackensack.
· Recommended and promoted the installation of the new traffic signal at the intersection of Beech Street and Prospect Avenue.
· Recommended and promoted the placement of a Drug Drop Off box located in Police Headquarters. The box is available 24/7 for public use.
· Currently promoting improved lighting on Prospect Avenue by PSE&G due to prior safety incidents.
· The Board has recommended a Zoning change for Prospect and Summit Avenues that will prohibit any future building of more than 5 stories as well as limit the use thereof. Due to the population density, high traffic and lack of parking in this area, we are aggressively asking for a more limiting change.
The continuing actions of this Board as it relates to changing the current Teterboro Flight Path has resulted in responses from the FAA and the TANAAC (Teterboro Airport Noise Abatement Advisory Committee). The current flight path causes unbearable noise and safety issues to city residents.
Seven hundred (700) petition signatures were given to the FAA and TANAAC resulted in our Senators becoming involved and for the FAA to now give serious consideration to changing the flight path. We continue to attend FAA meetings with the objective of affecting an actual change in the Teterboro Airport flight path.
Our goal is to enlist additional representation from all multi-unit buildings in the City to our Board.
Meetings are held on the 4th Thursday of the month (unless otherwise noted) at 7:00 p.m. in City Hall. For additional information and questions, Officers can be reached at:
Annette Jankowski (Recording Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org
“SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING” (the Board will follow up)
2022 MEETING SCHEDULE
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Thursday, February 24, 2022
Thursday, March 24, 2022
Thursday, April 28, 2022
Thursday, May 26, 2022
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Thursday, July 28, 2022
Thursday, August 25, 2022
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Thursday, October 27, 2022
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Thursday, December 22, 2022
CURRENT COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE:
Annette Jankowski (Chairperson)
Martin Smith (Vice Chair)
Murray Runin (Past Chair)
Kevin Cooke, Esq. (Legal Liaison)
Councilman Battaglia (City Council Liaison)