The City of Hackensack Department of Public Works is comprised of fifty men. The office staff consists of three clerical employees and one Superintendent. It is located at 120 East Broadway, Hackensack in a building constructed in 1994.The Public Works is comprised of the following departments:
- Auto Fleet Maintenance
- Body Shop
- Building Maintenance
The services performed by the Public Works Department are as follows:
- The trimming and removal of trees in the public right-of-way
- Emergency sewer call out
- Repair to all City vehicles Maintenance of all public buildings
- Landscaping of all parks and city owned public green spaces
- Snow removal and salting of City street and roadways
- Maintain all storm and sanitary pump stations in the City
- Grinding roots for sidewalk repairs
- Cleaning of catch basins
- Repair and patching of City streets
- Planting and growing of all flowers for City flower beds
- Planting trees on public right of way
We work hand in hand with both the Fire and Police Departments in assisting in many emergency situations that arise in the City.
The Department, through its program of equipment upgrading and training for its employees, constantly maintains its commitment to the quality of services to the City of Hackensack.
Phone: (201) 646-3950
Office Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
After hours, emergency services, Police Dept.
Phone: (201) 646-7777