DUE TO COVID-19 AND AN INCREASE OF ONLINE VITAL RECORDS REQUESTS PLEASE ALLOW 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR RECORD TO BE PROCESSED AND MAILED TO YOU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.
The Health Department has been providing public health services to the residents of Hackensack since the 1900’s. The goal that we strive for is to coordinate and assure the preservation, protection and promotion of good health, well-being and the quality of life for all the residents in our community. We work towards this goal by:
- Monitoring health status to identify community health problems.
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Informing, educating, and empowering people about health issues.
- Mobilizing community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Developing policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforcing laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Linking people to needed personal health services and assuring preventative care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assuring a competent public health workforce.
- Evaluating effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population based health services.
- Examining research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.
Department of Health
215 State Street
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601
Phone: (201) 646-3965
Fax: (201) 646-3989
Hours of Operation:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
In a public health emergency the Health Department can be contacted through the Hackensack Fire or Police Departments:
Fire - (201) 646-7800
Police - (201) 646-7777