Food Establishment License Application
Requirements for new owners or operators of existing Hackensack food establishments
Because health department licenses are not transferable any new owner or operator of a Hackensack food establishment must apply to this department for a new health department license. Applications must include:
1. A written description of the proposed operation will include a menu or list of the types of products proposed for sale, a brief description of the proposed source of raw or other products and methods of preparation and service, distribution, or sale.
2. Evidence that a pre-operational sanitary inspection has been conducted by a representative of this department with satisfactory results. Appointments for Sanitary inspections may be made with the department of sanitary inspectors by Calling Monday through Friday during the following times: 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM; 1:00 PM to1: 30 PM; 3:30 PM to 4:15 PM at (201) 646-3961, 3962 or 3968.
3. A complete License Application (in the red box to the right). The form is also available in this office.
4. The appropriate fee. Checks should be made payable to the City of Hackensack.
5. Proposed program of training for the persons in charge and food employees pertaining to protecting public health and the safety and integrity of food; and
6. Evidence that application has been made to the City of Hackensack’s Department of Building, Housing and Land Use for a certificate of occupancy or a certificate of continuing occupancy.
Department of Health
215 State Street
Hackensack, New Jersey 07601
Phone: (201) 646-3965
Fax: (201) 646-3989
Hours of Operation:
9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday - Friday