COALITION FOR PUBLIC HEALTH & SAFETY to send Petition to the FAA
A meeting of the Coalition for Public Health and Safety was held on Moday, April 11, 2005 at the Hasbrouck Heights Borough Hall Senior Center.
The main topic on the agenda was the creation of a Petition to FAA about Rulemaking Changes for Teterboro Airport. The main points of the petition will be to ask for rule changes regarding:
- The implementation of a curfew of flights landing or taking off from the airport between 11:pm and 6:00 am. The exceptions would be emergency landings or medical flights carrying patients or organ transplants.
- The request to have the Federal Reserve flights also obey the curfew from 11:00pm to 6:00 am
- Proactive measures to be taken by the FAA to assist in the reduction of noise over residential areas.
- The resolution of any environmental issues related to the jet fuel exhaust and emissions affecting the surrounding towns
- Installation of greater security measures to ensure the safety of the flights and surrounding towns.
- The ban on all international flight in and out of Teterboro airport.
This petition will be circulated to each of the member towns for review and then to be voted on.
The Coalition is asking residents to provide certifications with regard to diminished quality of life resulting from Teterboro Airport for filing with its FAA petition. These individual certifications will be attached to the Petition.
Residents of Hackensack wishing to fill out a certification can obtain one at City Hall (main counter) or download it here:
Certification Form (Requires Microsoft Word).
Please return completed, notarized forms to:
Lieberman & Blecher, PC
Attorneys at Law
10 Jefferson Plaza, Suite 100
Princeton, NJ 08550