What is the Census?
- The census is a count of everyone living in the United States every 10 years.
- The census is mandated by the U.S. Constitution.
- The next census is in 2010.
- Your participation in the census is required by law.
- It takes less than 10 minutes to complete.
- Federal law protects the personal information you share during the census.
- Census data are used to distribute Congressional seats to states, to make decisions about what community services to provide, and to distribute $300 billion in federal funds to local, state and tribal governments each year.
For more about the Census, visit: http://2010.census.gov/2010census/